Organic Way for Hair & Hand Hygiene The First Line of Defence against Germs
Body hygiene, especially the hand and hair hygiene is not just for cosmetic appearance. When done right, it helps reduce the spread of infectious diseases and prevents unwarranted allergies and illnesses. Infectious diseases are a big health problem and economic drain in our societies. Poor hygiene habits increase occurrences of illnesses, absenteeism and enormous workforce productivity. Organic hand hygiene and natural hair hygiene can help address the issue immensely.
As an immediate step, we need to do more at the home and school level to educate children and even people in general about the significance of hand and hair hygiene.
A step towards organic hand hygiene
It is necessary to promote education on proper hand washing in schools and at home to improve the health and its associated outcomes.
Some of the medically approved hand washing guidelines:
When to wash your hands:
- before and after preparing food
- before having the food
- after using the toilet
- before and after caring for patients
- after handling pets, their food or treats
- after touching the garbage
- after using objects like mobile phones, keys, using public transport, etc
- after you sneeze or cough
How to properly wash your hands:
- rub your hands with water and soap for about 20 seconds ( the outer and inner surfaces of the palms, in between fingers and the wrists)
- rinse your hands under clean, running water
- dry your hands with a clean towel (or air dry them)
- Always use organic hand hygiene products instead of the chemical based products
Your Crowning Glory: Embrace natural hair hygiene
Your hair needs to be washed regularly too. To get your hair cleaned, what you really need to do is wash your scalp.
If you all the shampoo is not rinsed out, it can cause itchy, dry, and flaky scalp. Dandruff can also cause itchiness. If you have dandruff, the skin on the scalp flakes off and lands on your clothes. It's really noticeable if you're wearing dark coloured clothes.
How frequently you should wash your hair depends on its quality and your activity during the day. If your hair gets oily fairly fast, it needs to be washed more often especially after swimming or exercising. After-wash conditioners may help, but they don't make it healthier, but can make it look better.
The correct way to get your hair and scalp clean is to:
- Wet your hair and scalp thoroughly.
- Use a small amount of shampoo. A squirt of about a coin size is enough.
- Dilute the shampoo with a little water.
- Massage the shampoo into your scalp.
- Rinse well, until you don't see any more bubbles flowing down your hair.
- Gently dry your hair with a towel.
- Wet hair is fragile, comb it out gently with a wide-tooth comb.
- Let your hair air dry slowly.
- Always go in for natural hair hygiene products instead of the chemical based products.
Are you using the right products for your hygiene?
Though effective hand and hair hygiene is a basic human knowledge, of late, we have seen an increasing use of chemically laden products. Though they serve the basic purpose of cleansing, in the long run, they can cause damage to our body.
Regular shampoos and handwashes contain chemical lathering agents which may irritate and damage the skin and scalp. Even, products marketed as “Natural” are not entirely chemical free. A safer alternative to regular shampoos, a natural hair hygiene product is now available with Greenstation.co in the form of Bubble Nut Wash that is manufactured by Mother Nature herself. It consists of crushed dehydrated ‘soap nuts’ that grow wild in forests in India. It lathers and cleans the scalp as good as any other shampoo in the market but without the use of any artificial chemical.
To keep your hands germfree and hygienic, use Bubble Nut Wash, hand wash foam. It contains “saponin’ – a natural foaming agent extracted from soap nuts, which provides anti-microbial effect while also eliminating chemical foaming agents. Its Special foam pump design ensures the liquid lasts longer and can be refilled.
A commitment to follow proper hand and hair hygiene which is organic and natural will keep germs, infections, and allergies away.
Enjoy a germ-free life.